Berwyn Long Distance Moving Companies
Berwyn is a city in Cook County that was formed in 1908. It has a diverse community and has grown to be one of the best art centers. With a population of over 50,000, the city boasts of the largest laundromat in the world. The process of moving can be challenging especially if you think of all the processes involved. But with the right movers, it will turn out to be fun! Hire A-1 Auto Transport for an easy move to Berwyn. We are based in Illinois and provide moving services locally and internationally. Our services are unique and affordable. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- Make your move safe. Do not pack flammable, corrosive or toxic items such as laundry stain removers, furniture polish, and turpentine. These items pose a great danger both to your items and to the movers. Find a safe method to dispose of them.
- Use the right boxes to pack your belongings. All your boxes should be properly sealed with tape and wrapped using plastic wrap.
- Pack light. Don’t exceed a maximum weight of 20kgs. This makes it easy to carry the boxes and prevent them from collapsing. You need to have plenty of boxes to make this possible.
- Label everything correctly using a color coding system to make it easy when unloading at your new house. Different colors denote different rooms. For instance, blue should be for the kitchen, yellow for the living room and so on. Additionally, list the contents inside to help you know how to handle each box.
- Notify your business contacts that you’re moving and give them your new address. Also, remember to contact your utility companies to have your utilities discontinued and set up at your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a moving company
- Packing services: Professional movers have both the strength and expertise to pack your items fast and efficiently. They have been doing this for a long time and will utilize the available space while ensuring that all your belongings are properly packed. Plus, they provide all the packing supplies so you can skip the hassle and cost of purchasing them.
- Inventory: Professional movers write down a detailed list of your possessions to help them determine the number of items you have. This inventory is helpful when accounting for missing items and calculating your cost of moving.
- Friendly staff: Apart from providing you with all the moving support you need, the crew of a professional moving company is easy to approach. They have exceptional customer service and are always ready to listen to you.
How to find a reliable moving company
Find out how long they have been operating and the type of services they offer. The moving rates should also help you determine the best moving company to hire. Compare the estimates of at least four movers before choosing one.
Inquire about the insurance of the moving company you are considering to hire. You want to be assured that all your items will arrive at your new place in good condition. If you have valuable items, it’s advisable to purchase additional insurance to cover them.
To avoid being scammed by rogue movers, ask if the company is dully licensed. The FMCSA authorizes all interstate movers and issues them a USDOT Number. Each state has its own regulations, and the Illinois Commerce Commission is responsible for licensing intrastate movers.
Consider hiring a member of the Illinois Movers’ and Warehousemen’s Association. They subject their members to background checks and ensure they adhere to their Code of Ethics. They also ensure their members have all the necessary credentials hence saving you the time of researching movers to hire.
We handle the following services
- International moving
- Long distance moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Door to door relocation
- Military relocations
- Packing supplies and services
- Storage options
- Residential moving
- Vehicle transport
- Cheap Berwyn movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport puts clients’ needs first and guarantees you first-class moving services. Moving people is our area of expertise, and we have been doing this for the last 25 years. You can trust our services to address every moving concern you might have and help solve it. We are always happy to have return customers; that’s why we only hire the most qualified staff to handle your move.
Make the right choice by hiring us today. Call and speak directly to us on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.