Bellefontaine Long Distance Moving Companies
Bellefontaine was founded in 1819 and prides itself in hosting the highest point in Ohio. It is the county seat for Logan County. Its name is a French derivative meaning beautiful springs because the area has many springs. Let us make your move memorable with our impeccable services in Bellefontaine. We also offer auto transport solutions.
General moving information
- All long distance movers are required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and to comply with specific requirements.
- If looking to hire movers it is best to understand that long distance moves are charged by weight and the distance to be covered. Thus, it is helpful to downsize your property.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires movers to insure your move. Never move with any mover who does not provide you with insurance.
- Movers offer many accessorial services that make your move easier. However, it is important to ask your mover what extra services they provide and how they charge for each.
- Movers are mandated to insure your move. This allows you to make claims in the event of loss or damage to your items.
Most common moving don’ts
You need to be vigilant when hiring movers and below are some of the things you should do to avoid being defrauded by rogue movers:
- Do not book the first mover you come across; always do your research and compare services and pricing from at least four companies.
- Do not work with a mover who is not registered and compliant with the FMCSA moving requirements.
- Do not work with a long distance mover who is not registered by the American Moving and Storage Association.
- Do not work with movers who do not give you in-house moving estimates.
- Do not work with movers who do not give you a written estimate and other written moving documents.
- As a moving client, you should never sign blank or incomplete moving documents.
- It is advisable not to work with companies that require more than 25% down payment of the quoted estimate.
- Do not fully entrust your move to movers; be available to supervise both the pickup and delivery days.
- Do not let your movers begin the move before counterchecking the documents. At the end of the pickup look through the mover’s inventory, sign off on every page, and keep a copy for yourself.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- If you will pack for yourself, ensure that you purchase sturdy boxes and strong tape to help secure your items.
- It is to your advantage to hire certified ProMovers.
- Use the opportunity with the moving company to find out about the company – how long they have been in business, their capabilities, their compliance with the statutory requirements and their published tariffs.
- Have a moving binder that will contain all the moving documents such as the inventory and estimates.
- Give at least two phone numbers that your mover can reach you on before the move. Be available to supervise the move. Give them proper directions to the new place.
From animal transport to transport of heavy machinery, we serve Bellefontaine with our best services in:
- Pet moves
- Auto transport
- Intrastate moves
- Interstate moves
- Commercial moves
- Residential and apartment moves
- Local moves
- College moves
- Vacation moves
- Military moves
A-1 Auto Transport Promise
We deliver nothing but the best in all our services:
- Fast delivery. We believe in giving our customers reliable services that they can trust. We bring the right type of equipment to make your move faster and more efficient at both pickup and delivery.
- Vast network. We have fully functional offices and warehouses in all the 50 states. We also have many offices spread across the globe.
- Green initiatives. We have taken intentional steps to reduce our carbon footprint in a bid to protecting our environment.
- Variety of services. We are a diverse company that not only specializes in moving services, but also an array of other complimentary services.
- ProMover certified. We are certified ProMovers under AMSA.
Contact us today!
Our Bellefontaine team is always ready to assist with any of your moving needs. Start by filling the form at the top so that we can get your details and contact you. We also have a help desk where you can raise any of your questions or get instant feedback. Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or alternatively drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.