Bangor Long Distance Moving Companies
On any given day, thousands of people are moving to new homes across the country. Whether it's a move across the city or state, we all agree that hiring a professional moving company is the best way to go. A-1 Auto Transport, Maine, employs a highly experienced team that works day and night to ensure safe and secure delivery of your possessions. We offer a unique range of moving services including vehicle transport. If you have a move to Bangor coming up, we've got you covered.
Tips for an easy move
- Prepare early. You probably have 6-8 weeks to prepare for your move. This can be a short time compared to the tasks waiting to be completed. Getting organized early ensures that everything runs smoothly on moving day.
- Downsize your items. Seize this opportunity to get rid of those items that will not be of value to your new life. Donate clothes that are still in good condition to charity homes near you. You can sell your furniture on Craigslist or hold a yard sale.
- Book your moving date in advance. This is to give the movers a chance to visit your home and assess what you own so that they know what's expected of them come moving day. Pick a moving date that falls on a weekday or mid-month when there's less traffic and lower rates.
- To pack smoothly, make sure you gather plenty of boxes of different sizes from local stores or grocery shops. You also need other packing materials such as sealing tape and bubble wrap to help protect your items from breaking during the move.
- Label all the boxes correctly to avoid confusion during unloading and unpacking. Labeling helps you and the movers know which room each box belongs to and which boxes contain fragile items.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Reliability: Imagine the frustration of waiting for your friends to help you on moving day only for them to bail out the last minute. With a professional moving company, you can be confident that they will show up on time ready to start with your move.
- Saves time: With a professional moving company, they manage the moving process from planning to packing to unloading. The team knows how to handle your move so that you settle comfortably and quickly. This gives you time to manage other issues that would otherwise have taken you a long time to achieve.
- Liability: During a move, accidents are prone to occur especially if you don't have the skills necessary to complete it. If any of your items break, you will have to dig deep into your pockets to replace them. However, with a professional moving company, everything you own is insured. This means that in case of any damages, you will be compensated depending on your insurance policy.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company
Check the company history with the FMCSA. The agency regulates all moving companies and gives licenses to those that have fully complied with the federal regulations. If it's a long distance move, ask to be provided with the USDOT Number. If it’s a local move, confirm with the relevant authorities to find out if you're dealing with a legitimate mover.
If you can’t get any recommendations, look for online reviews from past customers. Sites like Yelp and Angie's List provide a platform for customers to review and rate moving companies depending on how they were served. Read the comments carefully especially where complaints are involved to find out if they were resolved.
Check if your moving company has a physical address and contact information. Unscrupulous movers operate shadow offices making it difficult to track them in case they disappear with your items. Additionally, only hire a mover whose trucks and vans are branded with the company’s name.
- Door to Door moving
- Military relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- International moves
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Storage options
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We offer superior moving services at affordable rates. Our staff is committed to helping you settle quickly and transition with ease. With over 25 years in the business, you can trust us to deliver your household items in good condition to a destination of your choice. At A-1 Auto Transport, we strive to satisfy our clients and make sure any claims are promptly resolved.
For more details about our moving services get in touch on 888-509-3213. Get free moving quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.