Moving To Or From Ball State University
Moving is a process that most people find challenging or daunting. In fact, statistics show that moving causes as much stress as a divorce does! However, we understand that the reason for this is most people have not quite grasped the concept of moving. As a student moving to or from Ball State University, you are preparing yourself for the first move among many that you shall be making throughout your life. We are here to assure you that moving needs not be a daunting task, even for you. Our company has been in the moving business for over twenty years now and we can attest to the fact that we have had great success all through. We have moved thousands of families, students, individuals and even businesses across Indiana and the entire country, therefore your move is in safe hands.
Tips for achieving a successful student move
Moving for the first time can be a challenge, but we have compiled some tips to help you move stress-free.
- Give yourself time: A move is not a process that can be rushed, at least not without grave mistakes and incurring huge costs. Therefore, give yourself at least 8 weeks to prepare for your move adequately. Last-minute rushes will only cause you stress.
- Organization is key: Get organized so as to stay focused on the goal, which is to move seamlessly. Create a moving checklist with all your moving tasks on it. Check them off as you accomplish them and add any that you may have forgotten to include in the beginning.
- Seek help: You cannot accomplish a seamless move by yourself, you definitely need help. You can ask your family and friends to assist with various tasks. Alternatively, we recommend that you hire a professional mover.
Why you should hire a professional mover
Hiring a mover is an expensive undertaking, perhaps one that your budget may not accommodate. However, here are some advantages of hiring a moving company against a DIY move.
- You don’t have to worry about packing: Packing can be a tedious and time-consuming project. If you opt for a full-service move, the professional moving company will take care of every aspect of your move including packing. What a load off your mind!
- Your items are protected: Professional movers are usually insured and they extend the cover to your items during the entire moving process. In the event that any of your items are damaged or you suffer some loss, the insurance company will indemnify you for your loss.
- It is actually cost-effective: Hiring movers can be an expensive affair. However, when you consider that they come with everything you need, you will begin to see how much you have saved. For instance, you don’t have to buy tons of packing material which you may not exhaust; neither do you have to hire moving tools because the mover has all these.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Finding the best moving company
Choosing a moving company can seem to be an uphill task, especially if it is your first time to do this. We have put together some tips you can use below.
- Get referrals: Ask friends and family, as well as the local real estate agents, about their recommendations based on their experience. Remember to focus on local companies more than ones located farther away for convenience and to reduce costs.
- Contact the moving companies: Call up the moving companies that you have shortlisted and ask some questions about their service offering. Moreover, it would be a good idea to find out how their last move went. Their tone on the phone is also a good indicator to show how they treat and talk to their clients.
- Request for an estimate: Ask the companies that you have shortlisted for an estimate. An in-home estimate is the most preferable because it is accurate. You can then choose the company with the best rates against their service offering.
Our moving services
We have a wide variety of moving services such as full service moving, furniture disassembly and reassembly, dorm arrangement, apartment moving, moving help for hire, and so on. Furthermore, we offer local and long distance moving, city to city moving, cross country moving, coast to coast moving, nationwide and international moving services.
Reasons why you should move with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company with over twenty years experience in the business of moving. Furthermore, we are a recognized ProMover and a member of the American Moving and Storage Association. Our track record speaks for us as evidenced by our consistent Better Business Bureau rankings.
You may reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs, or by filling out the form at the top of this page.