It’s difficult to keep up with the speed at which technology moves, but the auto industry seems to have a renewed commitment to trying to keep pace. Recently, news that Apple and Tesla had talks sent waves through the auto and tech industry, as both companies maintain a good amount of heft in each of their respective markets. (It’s been previously noted by Consumer Reports that Tesla’s onboard touch screen is already like an iPad in your car.
Let’s take a look at three emerging trends that we’ll start to see more of in the car electronics industry. Soon enough, we’ll have software updates for our cars, cameras instead of mirrors and computerized assistance to handle those tricky parallel parking jobs for us.
3 Trends: Software, Syncing & Driver Assistance
- Automobile Software – You knew it was coming and it might be closer than you think. Yes, we will soon be downloading software for our vehicles, in addition to our phones, computers and other digital devices. Tech giants like Google and Apple are already attempting to carve out some room on our future dashboards and Tesla has already set something of a precedent for what it will look like.
- Convergence Continues – Just as a modern cell phone can do most of what it took several devices to accomplish a few years ago, the way in which we use vehicles is starting to change along the same lines. Not only does it mean implementation of cloud computing technology and syncing of your driving preferences, but also more overall automation and an increase in driver safety. Making phone calls with Bluetooth and bringing your music with you is just the beginning of the evolution that we’ll start to see in the months and years ahead.
- Driver Assistance – As our vehicles become more digital-friendly, certain technological features that offer an elevated standard of safety will be integrated. We’re already seeing advances with things like automatic deceleration and distance control systems. It’s just a matter of time before self-parking cars become the norm and set the table for the next development in electronic driving assistance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What’s Next For Automobiles, Technology & Electronics?
Clearly things are changing quickly in the automotive world and there are at least a few reasons to be optimistic about it. There is no doubt some complications that come with technology and automation for drivers, but the potential upside is enormous. Improved technology can ultimately lead to things like increased passenger safety, better mechanical reliability, and more environmentally sustainable transportation options.
Automotive Electronics Resources
Digital Trends – Cars – Follow along with all the latest in digital trends for the automotive industry. Read about current events, upcoming products and legal changes like the requirement of rear visibility technology in 2018.
Cars 2014 – Consumer Electronics Show – Stay tuned into car tech and all that happened at the 2014 CES by following the latest updates from CNET, one of the world’s leading electronic and tech review sites.
Google & Driverless Cars – Read about the software that Google has been working on to make driverless cars a reality and what they have planned for the future of high-tech personal transportation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?