Austin Long Distance Moving Companies
Settling in a new neighborhood away from your comfort zone is a good challenge for you. A move to Austin will be more exciting and adventurous if you let the experts at A-1 Auto Transport manage the moving process. We take every move seriously and treat your belongings as if they were our own. Visit our offices in Minnesota to make your reservation. We also offer vehicle relocation services.
5 hacks to make your move easier
- Be prepared: Make early preparations to avoid getting overwhelmed by the workload. Give yourself at least 4 weeks to prepare for the move. Have a clear plan to complete all the tasks before moving day. Remember preparation is the key to a successful move.
- Pack essentials: Set aside a box or bag to pack items you can't do without. Things like toiletries, towels, toothbrushes, beddings, a few utensils, coffee and some snacks will help you survive the first night with ease. Keep the items where you can easily reach them.
- Change your address: Visit the USPS portal to fill out a ‘Change of Address’ form. Notify the bank, friends, family and business associates of the change and give them the new address. This will ensure you keep receiving important mail and magazine subscriptions.
- Label boxes: Write a short description of what each box contains on both sides and the top for easy identification. This will help the movers know which boxes contain fragile items and how to handle them.
- Pack light: When packing, don’t exceed the 20kgs limit. Keep your boxes light to simplify your work and that of the movers when moving the boxes around. It's better to have a dozen light boxes than 3 large and heavy boxes that you can't even move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional mover
- Movers are organized. The process of moving needs a good strategy and no one is as experienced as the staff of a moving company. They have been doing this for a long time and know the tricks to make your move simple. No matter the size or distance of your move, they are skilled to handle such tasks with ease.
- Economical. Most people believe it's expensive to hire a moving company. This couldn’t be further from the truth. When you hire movers, you don’t have to bear the cost of hiring trucks, fueling, and hiring moving equipment. They provide everything necessary for a move and you only pay for the services. Plus, you have the option to choose what accommodates your budget.
- Safety. Most professional movers provide moving insurance for household items. They use high-quality packing materials that protect your items from breakages during the move. Your mind will be relaxed knowing that if anything happens to your items, you're covered.
How to find a great moving company
A company with a good reputation has many positive reviews and high ratings. Check with the Better Business Bureau for comments about your mover. Customers who have moved in the past are more than willing to share what their experience was like with a particular mover. Read the reviews carefully to make an informed decision.
Verify the credentials of your moving company by searching them in the FMCSA database by name or USDOT Number. A mover should have legal documents that are up-to-date and observe public safety regulations to be authorized to operate in the moving business.
Request for moving estimates from several moving companies to compare their rates. However, don’t base your decisions solely on the price. Consider the type of services offered and if they can deliver the items to your location. Different movers have different working policies and it is in your best interest to hire a mover that suits you best.
We specialize in these services
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Storage service
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
- Interstate moving
- Military relocation
Why choose us?
Our mission is to provide outstanding services to clients across the country and overseas. We use advanced technology and equipment to expedite the moving process so that you can start living in your new house without a problem. Whether it’s a big or small move, when we take over, your problems become our problems. For efficient, convenient and affordable moving services, A-1 Auto Transport has got your back.
Get free quotes
What are you waiting for? Call 888-509-3213 now to speak directly to us and book your moving date in advance. Get free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.