Ashland Long Distance Moving Companies
When you move to an unfamiliar region, you stretch your capabilities making life more exciting. If you’re planning to move to Ashland, A-1 Auto Transport has got you covered. Based in Kentucky, we provide unrivaled moving services guaranteed to make your transition less stressful. We are a listening and understanding moving company that puts the needs of the clients first. We also relocate vehicles.
Tip to make your move easy
- The weekend is the busiest time of the week for moving companies. Many people are moving, and the prices are high. Move on a weekday when there’s less traffic and the charges are also lower.
- When picking a moving company, don’t look solely at the prices. You need to consider factors like coverage and the type of services offered to ensure you are well covered.
- When purchasing packing boxes, make sure they are strong enough to hold the weight of your stuff. Avoid overloading your boxes in order to keep your items intact. Heavy boxes also make it difficult to move them around.
- When you’re finished packing, clearly label the boxes with the name of the room they belong to. Also, indicate what the boxes contain to help you identify which boxes carry fragile items.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
- Budget control: With most professional moving companies, you get free quotes upon request. The estimates are calculated according to how much stuff you own. This will give you an idea of how much you’ll spend on the move, thus helping you plan your finances more effectively.
- Protect your property: You wouldn’t want to lose any of your items during a move. That’s why when you hire a professional moving company; your belongings are protected under the mandatory insurance coverage. Movers are required to provide minimum cover of $0.60 per pound per item. Confirm the status of your moving company with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
- Packing: Save your friends from the stress of packing by hiring a professional mover. They come with their packing materials, pack your items and load them into their trucks. You don’t have to worry about how they’ll get to your new house because the movers will take care of them. You won’t be as exhausted as when you move on your own.
- Convenience: With a professional moving company, you don’t need to take part in any of the heavy lifting or planning. Their services come as a package. They will plan how to carry out the move efficiently and even unpack your items at the destination of your choice. Your mind will be at peace knowing that everything will be taken care of professionally.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a trustworthy mover
Ask for recommendations from friends, real estate agents, and family. People you know will be more than happy to help you get the best mover. You can also get help from social media such as Facebook. You will get numerous opinions about the good, the bad and the ugly from your online friends. Even with the suggestions, you still have to do your research before settling for a moving company.
To find a mover you can trust, visit the American Moving and Storage Association. Simply type your zip code, your destination and the size of your move. AMSA requires its members to go through a vetting process and to comply with the federal government rules.
Check the credentials of your moving company with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. If you're moving to another state, make sure your mover has a USDOT Number. FMCSA will provide you with the company details such as their contact information and location of their facilities. If it’s an in-state move, ensure the mover has a KY “DMT” license number. Never hire an unlicensed moving company.
Our moving services
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- International moves
- Vehicle transport
- Furniture relocation
- Pet transport
- Long distance moving
- Cheap Ashland movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our reputation precedes us. Since our establishment, we have strived to be the best moving company in the U.S. We hire competent workers who are committed to giving you exceptional moving services. Your belongings are handled by trained experts who make sure they deliver them to your new house without any scratches. Trust A-1 Auto Transport for efficient, affordable and dependable moving services.
Give us a call
What are you waiting for? Book your moving date today by calling us on 888-509-3213. Get free moving quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.