Archdale Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether moving to a near or far location, a move entails similar logistics such as packing, disassembly, loading and offloading items. We have helped millions of Americans move across the country and the globe. Archdale prides itself on being progressive. We are experts in both residential and corporate moves in Archdale. We also offer auto transport services.
Factors to consider in selecting a mover
Moving is considered quite a difficult task. However, hiring a professional mover is a step in the right direction. There are a few key things to look out for when selecting a mover:
- License and insurance: FMSCA requires that all long distance movers are registered. It also requires all movers to provide insurance to all their clients. Find out the USDOT and MC numbers of your potential movers and search for them to find out if they have complied.
- Business premises: All of your potential movers should have a physical address from which they operate. You should visit the premises and confirm the status of the offices, confirm if their staff are in branded uniforms and if they have permanently branded trucks.
- Estimate: Though your decision should not be based on price alone, the quote you get from your mover is a very critical factor to consider. As you compare the quotes, do a thorough background research on each of the companies to help you eliminate rogue movers. Ensure you discuss the estimate in its entirety with your mover including additional charges.
- Business accreditation: You are guaranteed of quality services when your mover is a member of professional associations that are committed to the delivery of quality services to the client. Work with movers who are registered with the American Moving & Storage Association.
- Additional moving costs: Additional costs arise out of extra services provided by your mover. It is therefore important to fully understand your estimate and what costs are covered. When and where possible go for binding estimates because they put a cap on what the movers can charge you. Below are some of the most common additional costs:
- Insurance: Never assume you are fully covered under your insurer’s basic package. Find out what cover they have provided for your cargo and if you will need to purchase more. If moving valuable items such as flat screen TVs always go for Full Value Protection; movers will however charge you more for full value insurance.
- Disassembly and reassembly of furniture: While some movers will cover this in their base price, other movers will charge it as an additional cost. Items like beds, sofas, dressers and closets may need to be disassembled so that they can be moved with ease.
- Bulky articles: If you need to move heavy, hard-to-transport items or items that take up a lot of space in the trucks, your mover is bound to charge you more for that service.
- Long carry fees: This arises when the moving truck cannot be parked close enough to the doorstep of either your old or new premises. Thus if possible always try to reserve a parking spot or pay for parking for your movers.
- Cancellation fees: It is advisable to understand your mover’s cancellation policy and its implications on your moving budget in the event you need to cancel a move.
- Express delivery fee: If you would like your items delivered to the new premises within the shortest time possible, you will be charged more because it comes with the rights to use the moving vehicle exclusively for your delivery.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
We deliver a full buffet of services to the people of Archdale. These services include:
- Military moves
- Corporate moves
- Local moves
- Vacation moves
- Student moves
- National moves
- International moves
- Residential moves.
- Moving senior citizens
- Moving pets and animals
- Auto transport
- Machine and equipment moves
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have fully complied with all the long distance movers’ regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- We are accredited members of the ProMover program by the American Moving and Storage Association.
- We have over 25 years of experience in the transport business.
Contact us today
We would be delighted to offer you our quality services. Start by filling in the form at the top of the site. Alternatively, you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible. If you need to speak to one of our representatives, please do so by calling our office hotline 888-509-3213.