Ann Arbor Long Distance Moving Companies
Ann Arbor is the county seat of Washtenaw County, Michigan. It’s the sixth largest city in the state with more than 120,000 residents. Ann Arbor hosts the University of Michigan, the largest university in Michigan. It employs over 15,000 residents and has a reputable record of technological innovations and quality undergraduates. The huge student population shapes the city’s economy with most buildings being apartments, malls and studios. The city’s hospital also has advanced equipment and personnel who serve local and international patients. Move to Ann Arbor and experience the Michigan Stadium, Gerald Ford Presidential Library and several other majestic structures. A-1 Auto Transport has the most comprehensive moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a moving company?
- Storage services: If you need to move and have no place to store some of your items, professional movers have warehouses for that purpose. Most movers have warehouses located across major cities in Michigan. You can store your items as you search for better housing. In case you also need to ship your items to a new town and move at a later date, they can store your items safely for the period agreed.
- Safety: Moving companies pack your items in corrugated boxes and label them appropriately. Delicate items are wrapped with bubble wrap or soft linen while LED screens and glassware are packed in anti-static peanut or clothing. The items are transported in air cushioned carriers while strapped to the walls or the ceiling. Movers such as A-1 Auto Transport use professional drivers who can safely navigate extreme weather and rough roads. They are aided by real-time satellite technology which reduces the chances of accidents.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to hire the most reliable mover in Ann Arbor
Use suggestions from friends and family. According to their experience at the hands of a mover, they can offer solid recommendations. Ensure they have checked your items and know the type of move you require.
Consider a moving company that’s a member of the American Movers and Storage Association. The members are subjected to regular inspections to ensure they provide superb services. They have to abide by a professional code of ethics and use the association’s arbitration programme to deal with consumer complaints.
Verify the company’s assessment and consumer complaints at the Better Business Bureau. The organization allows customers to review and rate moving companies according to their experiences. They also deal with the highest number of moving cases in the country. They accredit reliable movers and ensure they abide by the set rules and regulations. In case of disagreements, the organization acts as the mediator.
Ask for several quotations from different companies and make a comparison. Check how the company charges per hour used and according to weight of your items. Ensure they have stated the delivery time and place of your items. In case of delays, the company should also state who pays for the additional expenses.
Make your move successful
- Scale down your move before calling the company representative for a walk-through. Sell and donate items you don’t need to Goodwill or friends. It makes your move easier by reducing the time used to pack the items.
- Mark all moving items and ensure the company provides a comprehensive estimate. Ask all questions and moving tips from the expert.
- Cancel deliveries and subscriptions weeks in advance to avoid unnecessary expenses on moving day.
- Enlist friends to help with your move. Hire a baby sitter for the kids and pets to avoid inconveniences as you approach moving day.
- Begin packing from the room with rarely used items as you progress to everyday items. Move from one room to the next to avoid mixing up your items.
- Label all the boxes along the sides as you pack the items.
- Familiarize yourself with the new nighbourhood and amenities before moving. It helps you transition smoothly to the new premises.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
At A-1 Auto Transport, we apply advanced equipment like real-time satellite tracking to keep your items safe and deliver them on time. Our professionally trained personnel ensure you are satisfactorily handled. Check out our customer testimonials page and validate our 5-star customer support and incredible services.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- Intrastate moves
- Corporate relocations
- Pet transport
- Apartment relocations
- Vacation moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Storage services
Check us out
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and book your moving date. We enjoy engaging customers in moving discussions. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get free professional advice from a moving expert.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.