Amsterdam Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving can be done through self-moves or engaging a moving company. The most suitable mode of long distance moving is by using moving companies since they are skilled and well-equipped to make it a stress-free experience. In Montgomery County, the state of New York is the city of Amsterdam that was named after the capital city of Netherlands. Amsterdam has captivating views along both sides of the Mohawk River and multiple parks. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We have the most advanced moving and vehicle relocation services to make your move memorable.
Why you need a moving company
- No heavy lifting: Handling numerous items can be a risky and demanding affair. You can slip while carrying a refrigerator and get an injury. Lifting heavy items like a piano or L-couch can also result in chronic back and knee pain. All these need medical attention which is expensive and time-consuming. Hire a professional mover that has the resources to handle heavy items. They are also professionally trained to protect themselves and your items when moving.
- Valuable items: There are items in our homes which have huge financial or sentimental value. They include heirlooms, fine china or electronic items. You cannot trust your helpers to handle such items. In case of accidents, the loss would be very expensive. You require professional movers who are skilled and have sufficient experience handling such items. They also use modified moving equipment such as air cushioned carriers to provide safety for your items.
- Accountability: Moving companies are responsible for all items they handle when moving. They take stock of all items you own and load them safely in air cushioned carriers. They work swiftly and efficiently to avoid accidents. In case of an accident you are duly compensated through their insurance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A checklist for a steadfast moving company
- Experience: The more experienced a moving company is, the better the quality of their services. Experienced moving companies have professionally trained personnel, different moving techniques and ample moving resources to make your move smooth and efficient.
- Customer service: Review the quality of a company’s customer service from the opinion of past customers. Customers who had a satisfactory experience with a moving company will give good reviews and ratings, but if they had an unpleasant experience they will give poor reviews and low ratings. You can also establish a company’s customer service from how it handles you. Check things such as their response time, language used, and how they deal with complaints. Choose a moving company that has swift responses, professionalism, and satisfactory complaint resolutions.
- Licenses and insurance: All state to state moving companies should have a DOT number that allows them to handle household items across the country. Enter the number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to view the company’s authorizations, safety rating, pending violations and other useful information. Local moving companies are licensed by the New York Department of Transport.
- Moving rates: When choosing a moving company, request for a moving quote from several movers and compare their rates. A reliable moving company offers a quote which accounts for all moving costs. In case of additional expenses, it clearly states the liability of both parties.
How to make your move flawless
- Prepare yourself and the family for the move. Some members may not adjust smoothly to the change. Scope the area you are moving to and check out the parks, schools and any other necessary amenities. It helps you cope assimilate easily into the new environment.
- Choose a reliable moving company to handle your long distance move. Verify their experience and equipment at their offices and let them conduct a walkthrough months beforehand.
- Choose a convenient date for moving. Winter and autumn seasons are the best periods to move since the companies have reduced charges and fast delivery intervals.
- Start performing activities like sourcing moving supplies, packing, and changing your address at the USPS at least a month to your moving date.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our customers are our biggest asset. We have invested in professional training and advanced moving equipment to ensure you receive the best services at affordable rates.
Our moving services
- Vacation moves
- Storage services
- Military moves
- Senior moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Small moves
- Residential relocations
- Office moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
Call us today
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.