- Check Germany’s Import And Customs Rules
- How To Ship Your Belongings Most Efficiently
- Hire A-1 Transport For Your Move To Stuttgart!
The sixth largest city in Germany, Stuttgart is a place where expats can find numerous job opportunities, a multitude of cultural events, lots of nature to enjoy, and a reliable community. Moving from the USA to Europe is a big step, but it’s worth it, considering the powerful economy, access to free public health care, and the opportunity to travel throughout Europe easily.
But, moving overseas to Germany isn't as simple as throwing a few things in a box and loading it in the back of your car. The logistics are quite complex and you will need the help of a reliable moving company.
Check Germany’s Import and Customs Rules
Before searching for the best quote from international moving companies to move your belongings, you first have to check Germany’s import and customs restrictions, as they might narrow down the list of things you are allowed to bring in the country. Moving goods from a non-EU country is tightly regulated, and you need to make sure that you comply with the rules.
If you own a vehicle and you want to ship a car from the US to Germany, you need to prove that you are intending to move permanently to Germany, and not just get your vehicle there to sell it. Getting a residency permit in Germany as a non-EU citizen is a complex process, but the punctuality and efficiency of the German bureaucratic system will make it easier.
How to Ship Your Belongings Most Efficiently
When it comes to transportation, moving across the ocean has to be planned in detail, as it involves such a big cost and effort. There are several options, depending on how much stuff you need to move, what type of items you have and how urgent your move is.
Here are the main options you have:
- Air freight: it’s the quickest way to move your belongings from the US to Germany, but also the most expensive. If your move is urgent and your budget allows it, air freight transportation can be the best option;
- Sea transportation: more common that air transport, shipping your items by ship is more affordable;
- Land transportation: while it’s not an option for the entire relocation process, land transportation might be needed to get your things from the airport or seaport to your new location.
Hire A-1 Transport for Your Move to Stuttgart!
A-1 Transport is a reputable moving company that offers international relocation services and has a vast experience with Americans moving to the EU. When choosing our team of international shipping experts, you get the best quote for your timeline, size of the cargo and budget.
Call us or fill in the online form at the top of the page to get a free quote on your move from the US to Stuttgart. We will contact you to discuss every detail of your shipping needs, from how to import your vehicle to what is the best way of bringing your household items to your new home.