Altoona Long Distance Moving Companies
While the process of moving can be challenging, there is a proven way of making sure that everything goes as planned. Hiring a professional moving company will give you peace of mind as you prepare to move to Altoona. With highly qualified experts and years of experience, you can trust us to serve you with commitment and passion. Based in Iowa, we provide a wide variety of moving services including vehicle transport.
Tips to help you move easier
- Pick a date that falls in the middle of the week to cut your moving costs. Avoid moving on the weekends since most movers are busy and the rates are high.
- Pack essential items in different boxes, preferably clear plastic bags that can easily be distinguished. Make sure the bag is loaded last and unloaded first so that you can easily access your items. Having necessities like toiletries, toothbrush, a change of clothes and laptop chargers will save you the headache of sifting through every box looking for your pajamas.
- Pack your items room by room. Items that belong to the kitchen should be packed together. The same applies to all the other rooms. This way, you’ll have an easy time when unpacking and arranging your items at your new house.
- Save money by using your suitcases, drawers, baskets and any other container you have lying around. You’ll spend less purchasing the boxes and save on space as well.
- Use plastic bags to store any bolts and screws. Attach them to the furniture they belong to using masking tape. This will save you searching for them in a pile of stuff.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- The right equipment: Moving heavy and bulky items can only be possible if you have the right tools and equipment. Professional movers are well equipped with tools that make the work simpler. They use dollies, hoisting straps, blankets, and specially designed trucks to safely move your items from one point to another. They are experts in their work and will make sure your items are delivered on time.
- Protection for your items: Professional movers are insured which means they are responsible for your items during the moving process. They use their skills to safely pack, load and unload your items with minimal damages. In case of an accident, you are guaranteed reimbursement.
- Professionalism: A professional moving company will always honor the contract you signed. They will come prepared to deliver the services you paid for. Unlike your friends who have other obligations, professional movers will make sure you’re settled within the stipulated timeframe.
- Experience: It’s advisable to hire movers who have been in the business for a long time. The quality of service delivery is of high quality since they have experienced many challenges and devised ways of overcoming them. You can relax with the knowledge that the movers will handle your items with utmost care.
How to choose the right moving company
- References: If there’s anyone you know that has recently moved, give them a call to find out their moving experience. You can also get references by requesting the company you want to hire for the numbers of past customers. Companies with a good reputation will be recommended by a majority of people.
- Don’t rely solely on online reviews: Sometimes customers may have personal vendetta against a particular moving company and will give a biased review. Do your own research and check reputable sites like Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau. Always trust your instincts and hire a company you feel will give you better services.
- Avoid falling into the trap of moving scams: Visit the FMCSA website and search if your moving company is listed. A legit moving company should be properly licensed and issued with a USDOT Number. Make sure their trucks are clearly labeled.
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage services
- Packing supplies
- Cheap Altoona movers
Why hire us?
Customer satisfaction is our primary goal. Our experts provide professional support to help you transition with ease. With over 25 years’ experience, we offer unrivaled moving services to clients locally and overseas. We handle your belongings professionally and ensure they are delivered in one piece. A-1 Auto Transport is the right partner for all your moving needs.
Call us now on 888-509-3213 or get in touch with us online to get exclusive details on our services. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com