Alton Long Distance Moving Companies
According to the U.S Census, about 15% of the American population moves every year. The reasons for moving are varied, but a high percentage is due to seeking greener pastures. Hiring a professional mover is a sure way of ensuring a smooth and stress-free relocation. A-1 Auto Transport is an Illinois based professional moving company that has helped thousands of people move across the country. We offer a wide range of services including vehicle transport at affordable prices. Don’t let your move to Alton give you sleepless nights, hire us today and relax as we do the hard work for you.
5 tips to make your move stress-free
- Create a checklist. List every task that you intend to accomplish before moving day. Be realistic and give yourself sufficient time to complete each task before moving to the next.
- Wrap jewelry in towels and pack them in a separate bag that you’ll keep by your side throughout the journey. Also, pack all your documents, receipts, will, and bills in one place so that you know exactly where to find them. It's a good idea to make copies to serve as backup.
- Notify people. Don’t forget to notify your utility companies, credit card companies, and your bank of your intentions to move. Fill out a ‘Change of Address’ form so that your mail is forwarded to your new address.
- Don’t overload your boxes. Use the large boxes to pack light items and small boxes to pack heavy items while keeping the maximum load below 20kgs. Make sure your belongings fit perfectly in a box before sealing it.
- Discuss with your mover the available dates. Pick a date that falls in the middle of the month and on a weekday. Most people move during the end month and weekends, and the traffic is usually crazy.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Liability: If you invite your friends to help you move and they accidentally break one of your items, you’ll feel bad asking them to replace the item. With a professional moving company, you don’t have to worry about any damages to your items. The movers are accountable for anything that happens to your items, and you’ll be eligible for compensation in case of damages or loss to your items.
- Storage units: If your move happens sooner than you had anticipated, professional movers will provide storage facilities to keep your items safe. They offer overnight, short-term and long-term payment options which is worth it considering that your items will be secure.
- Efficiency: Most people underestimate the process of packing. But when you start going through your rooms, you realize how taxing it can be. Professional movers have been doing this for a long time and know all the tricks to pack fast and with ease. They know how to handle fragile items like antiques and ensure they are packed and safely delivered to your home.
How to find a trustworthy mover
Do thorough research on the moving company you are interested in. Search for their profile in the Better Business Bureau and check if they resolve complaints quickly. The BBB only endorses companies that uphold high standards of trust with their customers.
Visit Yelp.com to look for moving companies located near you. You can also read the reviews from past customers and use the information to make an informed choice. However, don’t trust everything you read online since some people may write biased reviews or companies may post fake reviews. Other sites that provide useful information include HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List.
You can hire a good moving company by comparing the estimates of multiple movers from your locality. Different movers offer different rates, and it's advisable to consider their level of service. However, beware of movers charging extremely low prices as this could mean they are not genuine.
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
- International moving
- Pet transport
- Furniture relocation
- Cheap Alton movers
- Interstate moving
Why hire us?
We offer superior quality services with a personal touch. We listen and understand our clients’ individual needs and build a relationship guided by trust. You don’t want just any moving company handling your belongings, but an experienced and professional one. A-1 Auto Transport offers more than moving services; we give free advice to our clients. You can trust our professional staff to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Get in touch with our experts on 888-509-3213 and make your reservation today. Get free moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.