Alexandria Long Distance Moving Companies
Alexandria is among the most habitable cities in North America. It’s located in Douglas County, Minnesota. The city has water bodies surrounding it at almost all ends. This ensures a constant supply of water sports like swimming, diving and canoeing. Make a move to Alexandria and try out the different cultural experiences. The Runestone Museum Foundation has history on regional wildlife and native America. The adjacent parks have baseball, skating areas and picnic sections that attract a huge population over the weekends. A-1 Auto Transport is the most equipped and experienced mover in Douglas County, handling all types of moves and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Fragmented moving: At times you may need to move a portion of your items and move the rest later. Moving companies can move a few items and store the rest as you look for suitable housing. Your items are stored in warehouses located across major towns in Minnesota.
- Sufficient labour: Long distance moves are laborious and time-consuming. You require as much help as possible. This can be tricky if your friends are held up on moving day. You can easily damage the L-couch or injure yourself when moving it using few and inexperienced people. Moving companies have the required number of personnel to attend to a long distanced move. They are well-coordinated and professionally trained which ensures zero accidents.
- Convenience: Professional moving companies look for ways to make your move easier. They have warehouses and can conduct different types of moves. The full-service moves which include packing, loading and house arranging ensures you handle other tasks. Movers are easily accessible and can handle special requests on short notices. They also have the required licenses and insurance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Alexandria
When making a long distance move within the state of Minnesota, it’s recommended to choose a local moving company. They know the best time to move, when traffic is flowing or when the weather is fine. Use the Minnesota Transport Services Association to find reliable movers. They are professional and abide by the association’s code of conduct.
Contact a few companies and get written estimates. They should share charges per weight of the items and per hour for local moves. The estimate should be final and only a 10% increase can be effected in case of unforeseen circumstances. The company should also state the type of insurance they use and whether they provide extra services.
View past customer opinions about moving companies. You can use Yelp to review thousands of comments about moving companies. Avoid companies that have numerous negative reviews. You should verify the review to avoid getting duped by generated reviews and customers with an agenda against the company.
Confirm the licenses and insurance status of the company at the Minnesota Department of Transport. The company should have a valid intrastate household goods moving license which has recently been operational. They should also have the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance.
Make your move flawless
- Long distance moves are time-consuming. You should begin preparations months in advance. Talk to moving companies in your area and verify their equipment and experience.
- Downsize your load before the company conducts a walk-through. Mark only the necessary moving items and donate or sell the rest. They increase your expenses in terms of packing material, the weight charged and time used.
- Ensure the company representative conducts a thorough walk-through and provides an estimate.
- Take clear pictures of the room arrangement to estimate which items can fit in your new premises. It also saves time when assembling and arranging your house.
- When packing, label all the boxes along the sides. The labels should state the number of items contained and the destination. Use plastic pouches to pack bolts, screws and nuts since they are easily misplaced in large boxes. Get free moving supplies from org.
- Pack a first night bag which will be used on arrival at your new premises. It should have items like toiletries, beddings, and fresh clothes.
Why Consider A-1 Auto Transport?
Our customers are our biggest asset. We understand their needs having provided moving and vehicle relocation services for 25 years. We have a digitized communication platform where we engage customers in moving discussions to improve our services.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- International moves
- Vacation moves
- College moves
- Local moves
- Pool table moves
- Piano moves
- Storage services
- Auto transport
Get in touch, call us on 1-888-509-3213 or use A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page to get free moving consultation.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.