Alexandria Long Distance Moving Companies
Alexandria with a population of 48,000 residents is among the largest cities in Louisiana. It is the parish seat of Rapides Parish in Central Louisiana. It lies along the Red River and is bordered by affluent neighborhoods. Move to Alexandria and view the Alexandria Zoological Park with hundreds of native Louisiana animals. Learn about the history of the state at the museums of art and history. If you need to catch a breath, camp at the serene Cotile Lake Recreation. There is the Mardi gras and Alex Fete festivals which are held annually attracting thousands of enthusiasts. Long distance moves are challenging; the numerous tasks, limited time and permits can take a toll on anyone. Save yourself the stress and hire A-1 Auto Transport. We have the most reliable moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a professional mover
- Stress free: Moving is a stressful task. The logistics involved in ensuring the safety of your items is hectic. You also need to keep time and ensure you don’t forget any item. Professional movers have the experience and skill to safely handle the multiple tasks. With A-1 Auto Transport, expect zero accidents.
- Equipment: Movers use bubble wrap and soft linen to wrap items. Tools such as trolleys are used to load the items in moving vehicles. The company also uses modified and equipped trucks to move your items. When conducting a self-move you’d probably need to buy/rent all these items. You also need to know how to properly use them.
- Heavy lifting: Items like refrigerators and stacked boxes are cumbersome. Moving companies have personnel with the strength, stamina and professional training to safely handle such items. To ease the work, they dismantle the items and move them in bits.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Alexandria
Search for reviews from past customers at Yelp and Movingscam.com. The sites have thousands of comments on how moving companies operate. Beware, not all reviews are honest. Some customers may harbor an agenda against the moving company.
Enter the company’s USDOT carrier number at FMCSA. Verify the company’s experience from the resources and validity section. Check the type of household items license the company owns. You can also lodge a complaint with the association if the moving company provides mediocre services.
If you are moving within the state of Louisiana ensure the mover is licensed by the Louisiana Public Service Commission. Use the company’s La DOT number to verify the credentials of the intrastate mover.
Use the American Movers and Storage Association to find the most reliable state to state moving company. They thoroughly vet all members before registration. The best moving companies often have an experience of more than ten years.
Check with Better Business Bureau on the company assessment and consumer complaints. Moving companies with frequent complaints are untrustworthy. Remember to check how long it takes for disagreements to be resolved.
The best moving tips
- Advanced preparation is important. Ensure you:
- Move during the winter and autumn seasons when moving is more affordable and moving companies are available.
- Change your lease agreement months beforehand.
- Hire a sitter for the kids and pets.
- Source for moving supplies at subsidized rates from the U-Haul customer exchange programme and com.
- Scope the new premises to familiarize yourself with the amenities and neighbors.
- Scale down your move. Sell and donate items you no longer use. Unnecessary items add to the moving cost and reduce the hauling efficiency.
- Separate utilities such as toiletries, clean clothes and cooking essentials and pack them in a first night bag. They help you recover the first few days before you unpack.
- When packing, begin with rarely used items such as sports gear and replacement items and finish up with everyday items. This organization comes in handy when unpacking.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
At A-1 Auto Transport, we have state-of-the-art technology to protect your items when packing, loading and in transit. This in turn ensures we provide quality services at the most affordable rates. Our professionally trained personnel work tirelessly to ensure your items arrive safely and promptly. They have a tight bond having worked together for more than ten years. This improves on our efficiency and customer service.
Our moving services
- Interstate moves
- Local moves
- Corporate relocations
- Pet transport
- Apartment relocations
- Vacation moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Storage services
- Cheap Alexandria movers
Check us out
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and reserve your moving date. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get free professional advice from a moving expert.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.