Alcorn State University has an enrolment of about 3,700 undergraduate and 600 graduate students, making it the fifth largest university in Mississippi and top public HBCU. It has seven schools that offer over fifty different programs. It is the only HBCU that offers a comprehensive program in nursing in Mississippi. Join Alcorn State University and enhance your academic experience and leadership skills regardless of your background, interest, talent or outlook. Moving to or from Alcorn State University may be difficult. A-1 Auto Transport offers full moving and shipping services to or from all campuses of Alcorn State University to make your move an awesome experience.
Tips on how to make your Alcorn State University move easier
Here are some tips that can help ease your move to or from Alcorn State University.
- Plan ahead: Bear in mind that Alcorn State University, main campus, is located in the rural area near Lorman, southwestern Mississippi. Other campuses are located at Vicksburg and Natchez. Plan well in advance how you will move and when you will move.
- Prepare adequately: Before you move, inquire about living options at Alcorn State University and choose the one that suites you best. Apply for living in good time. You can as well make a campus tour if you can to help you make a more informed decision.
Deciding what to carry and what not to carry is part of preparations. You don’t want to carry your pool table or furniture only to end up with no place to put them. You can sell, or donate what you will not need.
Once you have decided on what to carry, get moving boxes, tape, paper, and bubble wrap for your packing and to protect fragile household goods. Find cheap or free moving boxes to cut on the moving cost.
- Pack smart and early: Pack the most important items that you need. Start packing early. Label your boxes and wrap fragile goods to protect them.
- Hire a moving company: Moving your household goods on your own comes with a lot of challenges especially if you are moving from state to state or even within the city. You can damage fragile items or lose valuable ones. You may also lack labor or equipment to help you lift heavyweight goods such as furniture. Hiring a moving company can save you a lot of hassle and time.
Why you need a professional moving company for your Alcorn State University move
- Your goods are insured while on transit.
- They do everything for you - from packing, loading, unpacking to arranging your dorm or apartment - as you do other tasks.
- They are well equipped and professional hence the safety of your goods is guaranteed.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best university moving company
Finding the best mover is difficult. Here are the tips that can help you get one.
- Referrals: Ask your family members and friends who have used a mover before to recommend the company they prefer. It is easy to trust a referral from someone you know. Based on their experiences, they can help you pick the best university mover. You can also get referrals from a neighbor who works with moving companies.
- Customer reviews and feedback: Customer reviews and feedback from non-commercial or independent sites can help you choose the best university mover. You can visit Better Business Bureau’s review sites to find out what customers are saying about the companies.
- Licensing background: Check whether the mover is licensed and check the authenticity of their license.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport understands that Alcorn State University students should find it easy to move to or from any campus of Alcorn State University. We offer you the following moving services:
- Full service moving from packing, loading, unpacking and arranging your dorm or apartment.
- We move household goods including the most valuable and fragile items.
- We offer moving advice to Alcorn State University students.
- We offer moving storage.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
A-1 Auto Transport has served Alcorn State University students for over 20 years. Both current students and alumni trust us with their goods whether they are moving locally, from state to state, nationally, or internationally. We always leave them smiling and that is why over 97% of them keep on referring their friends and relatives to us. We don’t just pack, load, move, and unpack; we also clean the house and neatly arrange your dorm or apartment. You don’t need to worry about safety of your most valuable and fragile goods because we not only handle them with utmost care and professionalism, they are also covered by reputable insurance companies.
Get our services now
Fill out our online form and get our free non-obligatory quotes. Talk to our friendly team on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.