Albany Long Distance Moving Companies
Albany is the capital of New York and has quite a rich history. It is also well known as a hub for commerce, higher education and architecture. Whether you are looking to move within Albany or New York, A-1 Auto Transport has got you covered with a wide range of our moving services. We also offer auto transport services.
Precautions when hiring movers
- Do a thorough background check on the movers within Albany before you sign any contracts. Go online and look for their reviews from other clients. Also check if they are registered with the American Moving & Storage Association.
- Make sure that after the first quote you get a more accurate quote by having the mover/s visit and assess your house or office. The final agreed price should be quoted in the contract when you sign off for their services.
- Avoid working with movers who require more than a 25% down payment. It is also advisable to avoid movers who insist on cash payments.
- Upon delivery of items, check to confirm that you have received everything in good shape. In the event of any missing or damaged items, do not sign off until you are compensated for the damages.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
What to avoid carrying when using movers
When using the services of a mover, there are some things you are not allowed to move for your safety and that of your property. Many moving companies will provide you with a list of items they don't move or which they move but which will require you to pay an additional fee. These items include:
- Valued possessions: These are items that you have put a high value on and which are significant in your life. These may include but not limited to: passports, art works, jewellery, souvenirs, title deeds, wills and other important things. If possible it is advised to have scanned copies of all your important documents before the move.
- Hazardous items: These are items which could cause high moving risks because they are likely to explode, are corrosive or easily combustible. These items can be given away to your friends or neighbors or you can have them collected by the recyclers in Albany. Some of these items such as nail polish remover, matches or fertilizer may not seem harmful, however it is best to confirm with your mover what they do and do not carry. Other items include: bleach, car batteries, charcoal, paints, cleaning liquid among others.
- Perishable items: Many movers refuse to carry perishable goods especially over long distances because of their potential to go bad quickly or to cause damage to other items. For short distance moves, some movers may allow you to carry some perishable items but only if they are well packed. For long distance moves, you may dispose off all perishables or share them out to friends and family.
Our highest goal as your mover is to give you services that will make your move easy. With our years of experience we will provide you with:
- Free moving advice
- Packing and unpacking assistance - we also offer packing boxes, wrapping material for your different possessions and moving tools for all necessary jobs.
- Disassembly and reassembly services
- Moving your heavy machinery or equipment
- Cleaning services; we ensure you do not move into a dirty house or have to start dragging chairs and tables so that you can clean up the place
- We provide you with a dedicated moving manager who will also manage the inventory
- Safe and stress-free moving for all your pets
- Vacation moves
- Moves for senior citizens who may need extra attention
A-1 Auto Transport your reliable moving partner
- We have the best moving services in town; we have employed the latest equipment, we have a great customer service team and we have a quick turnaround on all our moves.
- Our capability allows us to move you not only within Albany but the entire US. We also have experience in managing global moves.
- Our success is driven by our philosophy of efficiency, communication and sustainability.
Get a free quote today
To move with us, get your free no obligation quote. We also invite you to fill the form at the top of the site and one of our agents will reach out to you. Alternatively you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to talk to one of our representatives, call us on 888-509-3213. You will love our prices!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com