Albany Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether moving to a different state or city, it’s an exciting time when you think of what the other end of the trip has in store for you. There’s a lot to look forward to and new neighborhoods to explore. If you have a move planned to the beautiful City of Albany, let A-1 Auto Transport help you move in style. We are a professional moving company based in Georgia that provides moving services tailored to fit your moving preferences. We also offer vehicle transport services.
- Get plenty of boxes for your household items. When packing, use the small boxes for heavy and fragile items. This makes it easy to handle them when loading and unloading.
- Pack valuable items yourself in a separate bag that you’ll keep close during the move. Items like passport, jewelry, and other vital documents need special attention.
- Sort through your items and pack only the stuff you need or use. This will reduce the clutter in your house and create more space for relevant items. The weight of your load will also be decreased hence lowering the cost of moving.
- Write down a list of tasks that need to be completed before moving day. This list will help you stay focused and achieve your target faster. Create a flexible schedule in between the tasks so that you have ample time to complete them.
- Book your moving company early to avoid inconveniences. Most movers are busy and making early reservations ensures you select a date that’s convenient with you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional mover
- Expertise: Professional movers are trained in handling heavy or bulky household items such as the pool table and sofa. They have the workforce and techniques to carry them safely down the stairs and into the trucks. They are well equipped to move your delicate items without breaking them.
- Cut down moving costs: You probably think it's cheaper to move on your own compared to hiring movers. But you have to consider purchasing packing supplies, hiring a truck, and the possibility of running into unplanned expenses. You can cut the cost of moving by hiring movers who charge a fixed amount for the whole process.
- Safety of your items: Carrying bulky and awkwardly shaped furniture is tough, and you risk damage or getting injured. Professional movers are adequately trained to handle such items without breaking a sweat. They know the tricks to maneuver sharp corners and narrow corridors. They will carry your fragile items and load them into the trucks without a scratch.
How to find the best moving company
Request and compare the moving quotes of 3-5 movers before picking the most affordable. Hire movers that provide superior services at reasonable prices. You also need to watch out for movers who charge very low rates as they may be rogue operators.
You can search for moving companies online. Most movers have websites where they showcase the type of services they offer and their rates. Since you'll be entrusting your belongings to strangers, you need to ensure the movers are insured by checking the Licensing and Insurance Public database.
The FMCSA registers and licenses all moving companies that follow the set safety regulations. Interstate movers must have a valid USDOT Number while in-state movers need to be licensed by the Georgia Department of Public Safety.
Consider hiring a BBB Accredited company. This means that the company has met the high standards of the bureau and are trustworthy. You can also read what other people are saying about the company you intend to hire and check out their ratings.
Look for a moving company that is certified by the American Moving and Storage Association. The association only approves companies that pass a rigorous background check. You can trust AMSA members to provide high-quality services and deliver your items without delay.
- Vehicle transportation
- Long distance move
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Packing supplies
- Packing and unpacking
- Residential and commercial moving
- Cheap Albany movers
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport provides unique moving services to all clients no matter the size of the move. We emphasize on delivering quality services at affordable rates. We are highly experienced with over two decades in the industry. Our equipment is modern and ensures that the moving process is fast and efficient.
Call our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 to get more details on our moving plans. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.