Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Akron, Ohio
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Akron Long Distance Moving Companies
Akron is the county seat of Summit County and it is the fifth-largest city in Ohio. Akron acquired the title ‘Rubber Capital of the World’ because of its long history in rubber manufacturing. Companies such as Goodyear Tire still operate rubber industries in the region. Akron has also grown to become a hub for biomedical research, education and healthcare. If you are looking to move to, from or within Akron, A-1 Auto Transport will provide you with a variety of moving services to address your every need. We also offer auto transport solutions.
Why hire movers
- Movers are well trained on how to manage every aspect of a move so there are greater chances of your items being secure.
- Movers provide you with moving resources that help your move go faster.
- Movers are required to comply with all the moving requirements by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) that helps to protect your move.
- Professional movers are members of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA).
- Movers manage every aspect of your move.
How to identify legitimate movers in Akron
One way to avoid scams is to hire professional movers. Below are key things that you should look out for or do in order to enjoy great services:
- Check for local movers. Always work with local movers. They are best placed to know the local area’s access and exit routes. It is also easy to confirm where their offices are and what kind of resources (trucks, moving equipment and staff) they possess.
- Check for compliance with federal law. The FMCSA governs the operations of all long distance moves. Make sure your mover is registered with them. Get the company’s USDOT and MC numbers. Use those numbers to search for the company’s registration status. Among the key requirements for compliant movers is to have insurance that is valued at $750,000 or more. Professional movers will also issue you with the ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move‘ booklet.
- Moving documents. Always review all the moving documents issued by your mover in detail. Never sign blank or incomplete documents. Ensure that your mover comes for an in-house assessment and provides you with written estimates, inventory and bill of lading.
- Reviews. For each of your shortlisted movers, make sure that you get testimonials and reviews. If you cannot get any, go to the company’s website to see what their clients have to say. You should also request your company to give you contacts of clients they have served within the last three months and make sure you contact them to find out their experiences. Also, search for customer reviews on public review sites such as Better Business Bureau and Yelp.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Long distance moving tips
- Determine your moving budget and which type of moving services your budget will comfortably allow you to take up.
- If working with movers, ensure that you do a thorough background search on your movers and book your preferred mover at least six weeks ahead of the move date.
- One of the primary pricing factors for long distance moves is the weight of the shipment. It is therefore very important to downsize on items that you will not need.
- Find out the cost of living in the new location so that you can plan on how you will manage your bills.
- Find out from your movers if they have a list of non-allowable items.
- Pack an essentials box or boxes that will carry all necessary items that you will need before your delivery date.
We have staff and facilities that are specialized in different kinds of moves:
- Seniors moves
- Military relocations
- All forms of auto transport services
- Management and moving of bulky or awkwardly shaped items
- Full service moves
- Hybrid service moves
- Coast to Coast moves
- International moves
- Local moves
- Animal and pet transport
Why hire us?
- We have been a reliable provider for many clients in the US.
- We have the most reliable network, offices and warehouses in all the 50 states.
- We have a qualified team of staff who have undergone rigorous industry training.
- We have strong industry affiliations. We are a certified ProMover, and we have great consumer reviews, in addition to being members of The Smart Way Program.
- We have over 25 years of experience in the moving and transport business.
Move with us
We are your reliable one-stop mover in Akron. Connect with our team by filling in the form at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-509-3213. Enjoy reliable and stress free moving!