Preparing for the shipping process is extremely important as a shipping customer. If the regulations of the import policy for Panama aren’t fulfilled, the vehicle may be denied access into the country. Your car’s transport should be booked at least a few months in advance.
This will give you plenty of time to get ready accordingly. After your transport has been scheduled, contact the Embassy of Panama for the current import policy in place. Write out a list of things you must gather and do before the transport can be made. Your transporter will help you complete these requests and gather the proof required by law.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Kind of Proof Does Customs Need?
- Proof of Permanent Residency.
- Bill of Lading.
- Property Letter.
- Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Certificate of Environmental Control and Pollution.
How Can I Prepare the Car?
- Wash the exterior of the car. There shouldn’t be any signs of dirt or debris.
- Clean it out. Take out all items that weren’t manufactured with the car. Any surplus weight could increase the cost of shipping services. If you chose open air transport to ship your car to Panama, only the floor mats, car jack and spare tire should be left inside.
- Look at all fluids. All fluids should be topped off except the fuel. The fuel tank should read ¼ full or less.
- Make sure tires are full of air.
- Take pictures of the inside and outside of the vehicle. Write down any damages it already suffers from. This can be used as a reference during your final inspection when the car has finally entered the country.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory