What are the 6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors?
You have just moved into your new house and are looking forward to having a good life in a serene environment. As you are unpacking the piles of moving boxes the next day, a soft knock disrupts your routine. Upon checking, you get a surprise of a lifetime when you see smiling neighbors holding baskets of goodies. With mixed feelings, you open the door and to your delight, they not only welcome you but offer to assist. Such a gesture of friendliness builds stable relationships that last many years. Now that new neighbors just moved in, would it not be kind of you to give them a similar treatment?
Here are some thoughtful ideas that the new family next door would love:
- Home-baked cake: Home-made cakes are a unique treat for new neighbors. You can add a taste of friendliness by putting the cake in a nice-looking basket. Moreover, attach a recipe of the same such that whenever the lady of the house has some free time in future, she could try it out. Include your contact details too since you may not have an opportunity to talk much at the first interaction. Later, the family that just moved in may call, and you could orient them into the locality.
- A basketful of assorted snacks and fruits: To establish a friendship with new people, you must first know them. Towards that end, visit a snack shop nearby and pick a variety of candy. These would go down well especially if the newcomers have kids. You can also include a basket of fruits for the adults.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Kitchen Utensils: You could opt for kitchen items like a wooden spoon, cutting board, rolling pin or a soap dish. Wrap the pieces nicely in a basket and deliver it personally. Remember to say how glad you are that they chose to move into your neighborhood. A handwritten card with a warm, welcoming message also goes well with gift baskets.
- Flowers: A bouquet consisting of an assortment of roses, lilies, orchids and others would be excellent. Perhaps your next-door neighbor has never had anyone give them such a gift. Besides, flowers help to brighten people’s mood. They soothe and uplift one’s spirit which is what the new household needs after going through a stressful and tiresome moving process.
- An artwork: Visit an art store and fetch a piece that your neighbor would love. Look for timeless works that they can keep way beyond their first year. Remember to attach a welcome note and indicate your contacts.
- Movie night goodies: In the process of unwinding from the hard work of moving and unpacking, your neighbors would most certainly want to watch a movie. You can make their movie night memorable by gifting them with a basketful of goodies. Put together stuff like candy, popcorn, soda or juice.
Everyone loves getting special treats, and with your new neighbor trying to cope with moving day blues, a welcoming gift would suffice. You could bake a cake, buy an array of snacks or a bouquet of flowers. Popcorn and candy for a movie night are also thoughtful.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.