Meeting new people and making friends is one of the toughest tasks that comes after moving. Suddenly, you realize that your best friends are nowhere near to help in setting up the rooms, putting together and arranging furniture, among other things. However, as your new phase begins, you reckon that life must go on. Fortunately, you can still step out and meet your new neighbors. In any case, you will be living next to them for as long as you choose.
Explore these six ways and meet new friends:
- Throw a pool party: Invite your next-door neighbors as well as those a few blocks away. The event will act as two things, one, it gives you a much-needed break from unpacking your moving boxes and arranging items inside your house. Two, a party gives you a fantastic chance to introduce yourself and meet new people in whose community you will live.
- Treat people to a barbecue over the weekend: You do not have to make it elaborate, but a simple barbecue sounds like a great idea. Make sure you have the grill in place and find a place to buy steak. Decide on a date after which you should give notice to your neighbors. Notify them in advance like in one or two weeks’ time.
- Host a sale: Perhaps when you were planning to move into the new home, you did not have sufficient time to sort out items you no longer need. On the other hand, even if you did, there could still be a few that your heart tells you to discard. Host a sale in your front or backyard and use the opportunity to meet your fellow homeowners.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Dinner at your house: There is no better way to know people around you than to invite them to a meal. Choose an opportune time probably when you have finished unpacking. Set an ambient mood by lighting the place with candles and play some soft music. You could also host an event where everyone comes with some food from home that you all share and switch with one another.
- Playdate for kids: Children have no boundaries when it comes to making friends. Send invites to neighbors. Have some snacks and toys ready. As the kids play, you could use the opportunity to mingle with parents.
- Game night: Game nights do not require much preparation. Decide on a date and invite your neighbors. Ask each to bring outdoor games that they love. Arrange to have the event a little after dinner. Depending on the time of the year, serve your guests light meals such as ice-cream, juice, and hot beverages.
There is a great feeling that comes from settling in after a rigorous house moving process. Soon you start getting curious about your neighbors. Rather than waiting, draw them into your friendship circle. Treat them to a party by the pool or a barbecue. A yard sale, dinner, kids play and game night are all creative ideas to help meet your new neighbors.