What are the 5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized?
Getting organized is the best thing you can do for your home especially after a move. Not only will it make your new house feel like home, your mind and body will thank you for it too. According to experts, people sleep better and lead way happier and content lives when their houses are in order as opposed to those who live in chaos. So, how do you actually know that your house is now fully organized? Here are some clues.
- You find things fast: If you can find something in a matter of seconds, then it’s a sign that you are organized. Disorganized people have no idea where most things are so they spend hours looking for an item and even end up buying the same thing over and over again. Organization means that everything is in its place and there is no confusion at all. If you can be asked where anything is in your house and you know without even looking for it, the house can now be deemed organized.
- You are comfortable having unexpected guests: If a friend called you and said they are on the way to your house, how long would it take to make the house look good? Well, for people whose houses are in turmoil, it can take a while to collect the toys in the living room, find a broom and arrange some furniture. One sign of organization is that you don’t have to do much to make the house presentable. You can maybe grab a table cloth and wipe the table but that’s about it.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Prioritized items are within reach: Organization at home or even in the office means that everything that is used often can be reached quickly and things that are not used often are a bit hidden. While you want the place to look good, the most important aspect is functionality. Make sure that the clothes and shoes you wear often are in the front row of the closet and even dishes that are mostly used are at the topmost.
- You don’t have unused items: Do you wear all the clothes and shoes in your closet? Have you used a certain pan in the last year or so? Have you looked at the contents of that box in the garage or under the bed the last couple of months? Answering these questions can help you to know if you are organized or not. One of the first things you do when organizing your home is getting rid of anything that you no longer need except seasonal clothing and Christmas decorations. Anything else must be donated or sold to give way to new things and also create space.
- You are happy: Perhaps the best way to tell if your house is organized now is to look at your mood. There is a direct relation between how your house looks and how you feel. People with organized and clean homes are happier, more relaxed and creative because their minds are clear of clutter.
Any one of these clues can help you to know if you are organized at home or not. However, if you don’t trust yourself, you can always ask somebody else preferably an organizer or designer to tell you if the house is organized.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.