5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use
Buying packing supplies like boxes, packing paper and bubble wrap obviously costs you a good amount of cash. It’s also very time-consuming to find the right materials for your move because you have to visit several shops. However, after the move is done, all those moving supplies become nothing but a pile of rubbish you now have to worry about. If you have just finished unpacking and you are wondering what to do with all the packing materials, here are 5 tips to put them to good use.
- Entertain your kids: Each and every moving supply can provide ample entertainment for your kids as long as they are supervised. You can use cardboard boxes to make a doll house for them by cutting windows and doors on the side and setting up a nice rood made of the same boxes. Alternatively, you can have them paint and draw on the boxes. Let your kids go all wild with paint and see what they come up with. Bubble wrap is especially entertaining as you can pop the bubbles together and have a good laugh. You can also use packing paper to make paper Mache, wrap things, and even cover books.
- Storage: Moving supplies especially boxes can be used as excellent storage containers instead of having things scattered all over the house. As long as they are sturdy and easy to carry, you can use them to store books, dirty shoes, potted plants, chemical supplies and even cat litter. Bubble wrap, Styrofoam and packing peanut also come in handy during storage of delicate items.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Donate: Though there are so many things you can do with packing supplies at home, there is nothing nobler than helping others. Post an ad on your social media sites, groups and also on Craig’s list or similar websites. You will be surprised to see how many people respond and want those supplies for their next move. If you can save someone the cost and the hassle of buying moving supplies, you have definitely played your role in the society.
- Reuse for care packages: If you send care packages to loved ones, you can use some packing materials to protect the packages. Make sure you completely wrap the package with packing paper and bubble wrap if it’s too fragile. You can use a box to send the care package as long as you use the correctly sized one and label it correctly.
- Re-purpose them: Newsprint, packing paper, bubble wrap and moving boxes can all be used at home to do one thing or another. Most people find bubble wrap to be very good when it comes to insulation of the house and also a green house. Use around the house to protect your furniture and floors from paint, repair work and furniture reshuffle. You can also store the boxes and packing paper for future use.
Before you decide to dispose of the packing materials that you bought, you should consider the above five things. Packing supplies are not easy to come by and you should not just get rid of them so easily even if you are not planning to move any time soon.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services