What are the 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down?
You may have been all packed up and ready to go, waiting for your big moving-day. However, there are some major issues that could turn your move upside down.
Here are some of them:
- Extreme weather conditions: It may prove difficult to move in case the weather suddenly changes and conditions such as flooding or snow storms occur. These conditions make it hard for your carrier to access the destination. It would not be logical to step out when there are bad conditions that may cause damage to your belongings. It is also important that you don’t put at risk the safety of the people involved during the move as well as your own.
- Family emergencies: A member of your family, for instance, may suddenly fall ill and require urgent medical attention. They may need to be admitted in hospital. Another incident is where a family member is involved in a fatal accident. In such an event, all other matters can wait, including your move. This will get you grounded for a while and you will have to reschedule your move to a later date.
- Work emergencies: You might be required to be on stand-by at all times should any eventualities occur at your workplace. In a chance of unfortunate coincidence, an emergency may happen at work on your moving-day and you will be called to attend to it. In this case you might have to postpone your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Faulty vehicle or machinery: Your mover might have been well prepared to handle your request. However, the carrier may be faulty on that specific day or the lifts may not work, making it hard to load your items or luggage. Such a let-down will force the mover to spend time at the mechanic or to look for an alternative means of transport. This is quite a set-back, especially if you really wanted to stick with the planned schedule for your move.
- Unforeseen hindrances: There are some events that may occur on your moving day that may prove to be a stumbling block to the plans that you had made. For instance, minor repairs might be taking place in the route that you may have chosen to use on the day of the move or an accident might have occurred, forcing drivers to use alternative routes, which might be longer. Another example of an unforeseen hindrance would relate to legal implications. In very rare circumstances, the mover may have their license revoked and lose their ability to operate legally. Therefore, you may not be able to use their services and would have to look for a different reliable mover. This may be a hard task to do under such short notice and would turn your move upside down.
While preparing for your move, you ought to be prepared for the unforeseen so as to be able to cope and adjust well should any event occur and change your move in a big way. As soon as you have handled the issue at hand, you can then proceed with making your move at a later date. Be sure to stay calm and keep an open mind should any event sway your plans in a totally different direction.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.