Trying to figure out how to ship your car, truck, or motorcycle can be a daunting task. Unless you’re shipping your vehicle to a show, chances are you are moving to a new home. In that case, shipping your car is only one of innumerable tasks you have on your to-do list. In order to help make the process a little easier, we’ve put together a 4 step guide to walk you through how to ship your car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Set a Schedule – There is nothing worse than moving to a new state and not having your car with you when you arrive. You’ll need to make trips to the grocery store, hardware store, and department stores in order to get your new home set up, and no one wants to take the bus holding a new couch from IKEA. To ensure that your car arrives shortly after you arrive, make sure you give enough time to the car shipping company to get it there. Depending on the move, it can take up to a week or two for a truck to make it to your new home. Once you’ve settled on the desired arrival date, it’s up to the car shipping company to deliver the car on time (and sometimes you can negotiate a discount if they’re late).
- Shop Around – Never settle on the first car shipping company you hear of. Whether you do a search on the internet or get a recommendation from a friend, make sure you get multiple quotes in order to get the best deal. Though this can be time-consuming, the money you save will be well worth the relief when your car arrives safely and under budget.
- Prepping Your Vehicle – If the car shipping trip is going to take more than a few days, it’s likely that your car will be spending multiple nights on the road. Though your car shipping company will do everything they can to look after the vehicles that they’re shipping, there is always a chance that your car could get broken into while overnighting at a truck stop. Make sure to remove any valuables from your car including jewelry, CD and MP3 players, and anything else that might catch the eye of a thief. There’s nothing worse than having your car arrive without your favorite CDs on board.
- Utilize Real-Time Tracking – More and more, car shipping companies are utilizing real-time tracking to let their customers keep tabs on the status of their vehicles. Though watching the progress of trucks on the highway isn’t quite the Winter Olympics, it’ll put your mind at ease to see your car approaching your new home. Monitoring your vehicles is also important in case you need to take any legal action against the car shipper for negligence. For instance, if your car is delayed because the auto transport truck drove right into a winter storm when they could have driven around it, you may have a case to get your fee reduced.
If you’re just beginning your car shipping search, hopefully, these tips will show you how to ship your car. Contact us today if you have any questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory